April 3, 2020
Dear Realty Association family,
We hope you and your families are all doing well in this new world we are living in. Please review the following announcements, which include a possible $10K forgivable grant to real estate agents, and how to get your e-Pro certification for free!
Current office policy:
• TRA staff are all working remotely. For their safety and yours, this means they will be isolating themselves from any personal contact. So even though they may be in and out of the office to process paperwork and commission checks, they are not providing any person-to-person services. You may still call, text, or email them if you need assistance with anything.
• Phones and voicemail messages are being monitored remotely.
• Paperwork is being submitted online at email@example.com, or in the drop-box located at our front desk. Please respect everyone’s safety and do not hand deliver directly to a staff member.
• Commission checks will be paid out within 1 to 3 business days after the receipt of required paperwork. We will contact you when your check is ready, and you can pick it up in your office mailbox, or we will be happy to mail it to you if you prefer.
• Broker support will be available 24/7 via cell phone, text, email, and transaction desk.
Perry Hamlett 615-668-9010 cell/text firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Coffer 615-243-9010 cell/text email@example.com
Donna Ellwell 615-668-0115 cell/text firstname.lastname@example.org
Office access is available to agents 24/7. The access code is the last 6 digits of your SSN and #. Please exercise recommended health precautions as you would in any shared work environment or when using any shared equipment, and stay at home if you have any flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, etc).
$10K forgivable grant available to Independent Contractors!
The recently passed CARES Act has many benefits for small businesses, including independent contractors. There is a potential grant of up to $10,000 that you may qualify for, and it is forgivable! We recommend that you complete the simple application as soon as possible. It’s available at https://www.sba.gov/ (click the yellow link at the top). Additional information at https://www.nar.realtor/political-advocacy/coronavirus-sba-cares-act-faqs
Click on “SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) and EIDL Grants”.
Real Estate declared “Essential Service”
Executive Order No. 22 directs Tennesseans to stay home unless engaging in essential activities. Real estate (including title services and appraisals) is among the businesses listed as "essential" to the state's residents during this time.
Coronavirus: A Guide for Realtors - Lots of good information here, recommended reading.
New form available: RF679 Covid-19 Amendment/Addendum
This form can be used as an addendum to an offer, or as an amendment to an existing contract. At this time TRA is not requiring this form as part of your paperwork package, but you may find it very useful to extend some deadlines. As a convenience, we have added this form to both the TRA Listing and Buyer forms template packages in TransactionDesk.
FREE e-Pro Certification! Incredible Educational Opportunities! Take advantage of the many free or discounted classes and webinars (I attended 2 yesterday!) that are available through your local, state, and national associations, as well as those offered by many vendors. The FREE e-Pro Certification is being offered right now through NAR (link below). I paid a few hundred bucks for mine several years ago, so take advantage of this and other opportunities to sharpen your skills and expand your knowledge.
https://www.nar.realtor/right-tools-right-now - Webinars, courses, market reports, digital tools, & free e-Pro!
Some Good News! (Tears of Joy warning)
We can all use a bit of good news. Check this out from a different “Office”.